COKE-BINGE ACTRESS, 31 BOILED DEAD IN THE BATH

THE girlfriend of a BBC children’s TV presenter died from severe burns in a bath following a massive cocaine binge.

Natasha Collins, 31, snorted almost five times the fatal dose after two days of partying with fiancé Mark Speight.

She suffered 60% burns when she left the hot tap running after taking sleeping pills after the cocaine, Westminster Coroner’s Court heard yesterday.

The actress and model showed signs of long-term drug abuse, with a hole in the septum of her nose, the inquest heard.

Mr Speight, 42, who presents SMart on TV, found her body at their penthouse apartment in St Johns Wood, north London, on January 3.

Coroner Dr Paul Knapman said: “This was a very significant amount of cocaine.

“In the privacy of their flat they had embarked on adventurous behaviour, ignoring the risks, and she has suffered the consequences by the ending of her life.”

Mr Speight admitted to police that the couple had taken cocaine, saying: “We were partying.”
Dr Knapman recorded a verdict of death by misadventure.
Advertisements